Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Want Some Obama-money

After many months of debating I have decided to change my allegiance and support Obamacare. The reason is simple – they made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. Here’s why the change. I currently pay $784 per month for my health insurance as part of an early retirement package. According the learned economists that could well escalate to over $1,000 by 2013.
According to the current healthcare plan, that is the year all this actually begins (“income” for the plan starts getting “collected” ASAP). In 2013 there will be a $200 fine if you do not have insurance. I would then have a choice, pay $200 fine or $12,000 insurance costs. I’ll simply drop my insurance and pay the $200 fine. If I sick I’ll just go to the ER since the wait will probably be the same when everyone goes to my doctor. If I get really sick, say a heart attack, my wife will know to call our insurance agent to get me signed up on health insurance. Since pre-existing conditions will no longer apply, I could actually get insurance while in the ER waiting for surgery – mmm-mmm-mmm!
In 2014, the fine goes to $250. I’ll drop the public plan and pay the fine. In 2015 I turn 65 and will be on Medicare. I figure I’ll save well over $36,000 over 3 years and pay the paltry $500 in government fines. Meanwhile, all you other schmucks will be paying higher health insurance, higher hospital district taxes, higher income taxes, taxes on medical supplies, higher deductibles on your health insurance, and higher payments to corporations who will be taxed higher.

No comments: